In 2009 the Police Camps were created by PCSO Chris Cahill to reduce Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) in the Bradford region. Over the last 7 years, working alongside his previous college tutor Nosheen Qamer, they have worked together utilising college resources and students to create and develop the Police Camp Programme.
Police Camps aim to:
- Reduce crime and anti-social behaviour locally, both short and long term.
- Engage with young people through mediums they understand to build trust and provide positive role models.
- Increase the awareness of emergency services and what they do.
- Increase public confidence and satisfaction in Neighbourhood Policing by being visible in the community.
- Actively promote diversity and inclusive practice.
- Offer young people the opportunity to develop their employability skills and to make a positive contribution to society.
- Work with partner agencies to resolve social issues that impact on all.